Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snowing is fun! but not when u are going to be onboard..

Every year from November to Febuary, most of those cold countries start to snow. It looks nice for people that is from summer country like me. But it will not be fun when I need to be onboard on a snowing day.



















Reasons ?


1) Aircraft have to be de-ice before take off, so all the aircraft will queued to go through the deicing process, so there is waiting time. Imagine when the airport is a busy airport.














































2) After deicing, aircraft proceed to runway for take off, again, queue for the turn to take off, waiting time again.
3) Sometimes got to wait for the runway to be clear from snow tat had piled up.
4) It the aircraft does not take off within certain time- frame, snow/ice start to pile up on aircraft body, time to go back for deicing process again, and repeat the whole thing.
All this process will simply take up to 3 hours and more, before the aircraft finally take off.
That's why I don't really like snowing if it is my flying day, especially if I were to be on a long haul flight of 13 hours, killing me











3 comments:

Xweing said...

Careen! Xiao Wei here..! I just started following your blog...

Arghhhhhhhh I just envy your life!! Sounds so interesting!! GAAAAHHH!

Unknown said...

just randomly found your blog.
ur life as a cabin crew is interesting. make me feel like being a cabin crew too :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I just got my Eu-OPS (european diploma for cabin crew) some month ago and i really love korea but i can't see were can i send my cv and i was wondering if a european girl could work for korean air bcs i really love korea and would live there! i speack french english some basic japanasse i will try my best to learn korean soon (i know already some little by watching drama and all) do u think i could get a job there? thanks to answer me that would be great
here is my e mail if it's easier for you enileme_16@hotmail.com
ps: just had a look at your blog loving it please keep doing it!